Today we woke up to the gallo again. However, at breakfast, Veronica informed us that she had "mato a Pancho" (she killed Pancho). Terri and I started clapping! She said she had to kill him because he was fighting with other animals and biting her...so she got another one! So, the cockadoodledooing continutes. :(
After class today we had a traditional Mayan ceremony at Casa Xelaju. It was very interesting. We had to put several different pine ingredients into a circle of azucar (sugar). Then we laid different colored candles on top. Each color represented a different thing (love, money, health, children, adults, etc.). Then we lit it on fire and watched it burn. It was fun! I'll post pictures tomorrow.
When the ceremony was finished, Nikki, Paula, Linda, and I were going to meet Angela for yoga class at the gym. However, when we arrived at the gym, all of these machista men had no clue where the yoga class was being held. So we headed to El Cuartito for nachos and crepes (Guatemala has the BEST crepes!). By the time we were ready to leave the cafe, it was POURING rain. The streets had rivers running down them. Nikki and I got splashed by several cars driving by. By the time we got home, we were soaked!
No comments:
Post a Comment