Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday, August 6
Today I had class alone with Rocio because Terri and Cindy decided to take a chicken bus to Huehuetenango to see some ruins. Rocio and I worked on grammar, went out for coffee, then came back and played Scrabble with the Nikkis and their teachers. It was really fun! At the end of class, I taught Rocio the beginning of the Thriller dance. She is taking an English class at the University and has to give a big presentation tomorrow. She is cooking something and is going to dress up as a witch...she wanted to learn the Thriller dance for when she comes in the room. She is so funny!

After lunch Nikki, Linda, Anita and I went to Zona 3. We looked around the mall for awhile, then went to the Mercado Democracia. We each bought 8 or 9 pirated DVDs for about $1.25 each!

For dinner tonight, Veronica made delicious chicken noodle soup (I asked if it was sopa de Pancho, but she said no). Her nephew Leonardo came over for dinner tonight. He was born in Washington, but has lived here with his family for the past 3 years. He looks just like Taylor Lautner! I tried explaining to Veronica who I thought she looked like, but I guess Twilight isn't as big here as it is back home!

Tomorrow we are headed to Takalik Abaj to see the ruins. After lunch we will go to Irtra, where the water park is. Apparently we are going to stay in a "5-star hotel," so that'll be nice! We'll return Sunday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment