Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday, July 27
This morning we had mush and toast again, then headed straight to school. It was freezing, so I had to wear a long sleeve t-shirt and a sweatshirt (the warmest clothes I have here!). Class was great again.

After class, we went home and had an amazing lunch. Chicken with rice in tortillas. After lunch it was getting sunny and warm, so I changed into flip flops. The weather is so weird here! At 2:30 we met at school for a Guatemalan cooking class. It was awesome! Judith taught us how to make platanos rellenos (stuffed plantains). Fried bananas, fried refried beans, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar. It sounds weird, but they were delicious!

Now we are sitting in a neat little cafe drinking cappuccinos, working on tarea, and using the internet.

That's all for now! Hasta Luego!

3 comments:

  1. It's fun to hear about your daily life in GCity
    Auntie Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy bien Seniorita....... donde esta el bano? That's about all I remember..... Adios, and enjoy every minute! what a great opportunity for you to be right into the heart of the culture and language you will be teaching.... Auntie Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's nice to hear about what's going on. Love to see pics. Stay safe. and Have fun.

    ReplyDelete